Define the project
Make sure you know WHAT to do and HOW to do it before you start
Answers to these questions will help you determine whether to go ahead with the project
||Carried out by?
||Hand over to?
Write a report
- Background analysis
- Identify stakeholders (map)
- Formulate S.M.A.R.T. goal and objectives
- Analyse current situation with SWOT analysis
- Define scope through brainstorm and WBS
- Establish and describe requirements
Analyse profitability (ABCD gives ROI)
Propose solutions aided by the Project Triangle
Sketch out a rough plan and define milestones
- Project requirements: How do we work?
- Product requirements: What is the end result?
- Functional requirements: What should the product do?
- Non-Functional requirements: What expectations should the product meet?
- Rank requirements with MuSCoW and prioritise
- Create use-cases
Choose development method
Outline the project
- Draw a Gantt chart
- Identify risks through brainstorming or experience
- Conduct a Risk Evaluation
- Plan for actions
- Choose Risk Strategy
- Adequate for the level of risk
- Cost-effective, realistic, accepted and approved
- Plan the right time
Review and approve
- Answers to questions of initiation phase
- Documentation generated from pilot study
- Plans and schedules created in planning phase